Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Any one remember the feature in the old Field and Stream Magazines called 'Tap's Tips'? I always read those .Here's a place to add your resourceful tips . A few Float Fishing Tips I've come up with : Save the hook guard tubes  from Storm Swimbaits and cut them into several pieces to use as spare fixed float line cinchers .Also use the rubber ends of Bungee cord clips ,you'll have to cut off the closed end but they fit tightly over some floats as do the guards . Another in a pinch float cincher ;cut a small tube bait and use the tip/mid section .

Jig Heads that have rusted hooks still have a use .Bust off the hook and discard and use the head for a pounding  or drop shot weight below a new hook baited with what the fish are hitting .

Those rubber football float stops have other uses besides float stops .I've used them to block beads and spinners on clevis's from sliding  on the line when casting  and you can slide them around into place any distance you  want from the hook or lure .They also work out coils in line when you slide them around .

Found a wine cork sliced with a Filet knife makes for a good line coil straightener.

Need a Strike indicator for an ice fishing rod ?Ball end light gauge Acoustic Guitar A string attached with electrical tape works a charm !

Views: 578

Replies to This Discussion

I've been rusting out a few by using salted plastic baits... I hate them

that's right that's how it happens ,always did well with Kalin salted grubs for Bass but have to remember to keep the hooks separated

This Pipe thread tape container works out nicely and holds a lot of Leader for my fly fishing  .I just use mono at the end of spools that don't have enough line left over to replace line or fill spools on my spinning reels. I also use a Wine cork to hold leader material .You can cut a line holder in the side of the cork ,but the line is exposed .I like this better.

The pipe tape sleeve is a good way to store tippet, or leader.
I made a neck lanyard from Wal-Mart craft beads some snap swivels and a few other bits and I keep the 100 yard spools of line on it.
On the lanyard is
Nipped
Forcep
Dubbing comb
The line spools
And spare clips in case I want something else.

Any one Slice a Wine Cork with a Filet knife and use the sliced cork  to straighten mainline  or leaders ? I now use it on my ice rods and tip up leaders and it works good and carries easy in the vest .

RSS

Latest Activity

Slip Sinker replied to Slip Sinker's discussion SLIP’S 2018 LOGS, STATUS AND STRATEGIES
"… … … … … ..."
28 minutes ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Alder chip Smoked Trout

"Thataway Carl , you look all set for some great meals!"
54 minutes ago
Slip Sinker commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Striped Knight..........6/24/2018

"...Nice... reminds me of the cichlids i used to breed"
7 hours ago
Slip Sinker commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

A Closeup Of a Gill Taken on a Pink Waxie.....

"...very nice detail and coloring on that gill... standout i had one gut hook today that i did not…"
7 hours ago
Slip Sinker posted photos
7 hours ago
Slip Sinker replied to Slip Sinker's discussion SLIP’S 2018 LOGS, STATUS AND STRATEGIES
"20180624- Fishing the stretch Approaching the Full Moon. Working with Accuweather and Minutecast I…"
7 hours ago
"20180624- Last Year’s success at this time was “Between The Docks” Waiting out…"
10 hours ago
Jeff Bernier posted a discussion

Who here is using Seven Bass Float Tubes

New to the US Seven Bass Float Tubes, just wondering if you guys have heard of them or does anyone…See More
12 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
12 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

A Closeup Of a Gill Taken on a Pink Waxie.....

Fished (2) segments on a long shank number four.......this hook helps to avoid gut hooks on days…
12 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
12 hours ago
chuck pool commented on chuck pool's photo
13 hours ago
dick tabbert commented on shooter's group FLY TYING & JIG TYING
"Nymphs is my favorite of the sinking fly. Started 3 years ago when I was raking some weeds out and…"
16 hours ago
John M. Grimes commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Alder chip Smoked Trout

"Thanks Carl for the pics and info. I did look at a grill similar to yours at Walmart. don't…"
17 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on LedHed's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0168

"Two hand fulls......nice work guys!"
17 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on chuck pool's photo
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
Thumbnail

June Represents on The Albemarle........

"Thanks Troy and Carl.........."
17 hours ago
Thumbnail

A Real Nice Gill Early In The Trip........

"Thanks Carl.......we're coming up on my favorite time of the year between the full moon in…"
17 hours ago
dick tabbert commented on LedHed's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0193

"What a nice wide body."
17 hours ago

© 2018   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service