Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

This is such a great unit that ive had already for two seasons and yet each time i take it out on a trip i feel like ive learned something new. i will be posting hints tips and tricks and screenshot interpretations as i grow with this unit. hopefully we can all learn from each other on the same or similar units.

Views: 4582

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like an interesting project Ken keep us informed.

Sonar Fishing Tips- How to find & catch fish using your sonar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUYu5_1zpeI

very good video Dick

Lowrance CHIRP sonar basics.

http://youtu.be/YgHE7iEo9UM

Nice! Still a bit too much for this family guy's blood.

im upgrading to structure scan... the best advice is to wait till may... another big price drop.

thought of getting this unit for my main unit  putting the one I have now on my trolling motor;; sell the other one!!!

The Elite 7 HDI in Ice fishing mode...

20180406-Retiring the Elite 7 HDI

It’s been 5 seasons of fishing ago when I walked into Jay’s Sporting Goods to pick up a little bait and do a little window shopping. I wandered into the electronics aisle and started pressing a few buttons on some depth sounders. I lost touch with the developing technology of the units after suffering a back injury just a few years earlier. A lot can happen with electronics in just a few short months imagine the changes in a few years.

Randy asked if I wa interested in buying a sonar unit today… I answered “when these units can develop a contour map I will jump into the market” I was shocked to hear when he told me “most of these units do nowadays” my mind snapped “WHAT!” I intently listened as Randy made his sales pitch… I somewhat picked out a model that currently outpaced my budget… pocketed the information… took a picture of the unit and headed to town to lunch up and adjust the budget to make it work. I vowed to be back shortly.

While at lunch I did some quick research of the technology and the mapping units available in my inflated budget. The unit randy suggested seemed to be just right to fit my needs. Shifted some money from the grocery budget and Christmas accounts to make it work… (lol JK) and headed back to pick up the unit.

After firing it up at home that night I fiddled with the simulation mode and mounted the unit in the boat the following morning… I believe I was on the reservoir that afternoon mapping contours and discovering structure.

I was on the fish in no time with my custom contour maps at 1-0’ intervals. The unit has been on all my trips since… I would not leave the dock without. If I had to select a milestone that has improved my fishing career this would be it. I experienced an amazing journey with this unit.

To make improvements, achieve goals in my sport and keep up with technology I decided to retire the unit for main use and move on to Side scan units… I’m still shopping units but will keep everyone posted on unit selection etc.

Exciting times…

RSS

Latest Activity

Slip Sinker commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Mark Sleeper Ties

"...i see a pic ... what was the solution?"
2 minutes ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Mark Sleeper Ties

"Hey Mark how about some detailed descriptions on your creations here!"
2 hours ago
John Sheehan posted a photo

Mark Sleeper Ties

Mark Sleeper ties
2 hours ago
Richard L. Herrington posted a status
"Does anyone know which lake in Texas has the largest Bluegill and best Bluegill fishing... Lake Sam Rayburn or Toledo Bend Reservoir?"
11 hours ago
Richard L. Herrington posted a photo

Sgt. Herrington

U.S. Army, Ret. TexasAge 75... Single... Never Married... No Children... No Known Living Relatives.
11 hours ago
Mark Sleeper posted a status
"thanks I will check it out"
14 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

A Few Pregnant Perch.....2/16/2020

"Thanks Slip......even though it's been twenty years I still feel like I'm learning to…"
16 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Some Solid Black Crappie Sows...

"Thanks Slip......if I have the room to troll I prefer to run race tracks and criss cross with the…"
16 hours ago
Slip Sinker commented on Mark Sleeper's status
"...cheepest way to resize is Microsoft Paint ... free with windows... a picture doesnt have to be…"
16 hours ago
Slip Sinker commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

A Few Pregnant Perch.....2/16/2020

"...im always impressed with the perch you catch... makes me wonder if there is a bit of European…"
17 hours ago
Slip Sinker commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Some Solid Black Crappie Sows...

"...Nice fish Jeff! what methods do you use when fishing for them that deep?"
17 hours ago
Mark Sleeper commented on Mark Sleeper's status
"Hi I"M trying from my computer like I always did, also tried the other way, it did not work…"
20 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Slip Sinker's photo
Thumbnail

cartoon1580675321803

"Cool....where have we seen those pink waxies before!"
20 hours ago
Slip Sinker posted a photo
20 hours ago
Slip Sinker commented on DAVID L EITUTIS's photo
Thumbnail

DSCN3699

"...this is awesome!"
21 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
22 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Mother Nature finally gave me a window on an off day to wet a line, found a few crappie perhaps staging for spring...surface up to 49.1"
22 hours ago
Slip Sinker replied to Slip Sinker's discussion 2018 Master Angler Record Breaking Years back to back 2017-18 Slideshow
"... good morning June!...<3"
23 hours ago
Slip Sinker replied to Slip Sinker's discussion 2018 Master Angler Record Breaking Years back to back 2017-18 Slideshow
"... thanks a bunch Jeff!"
23 hours ago

© 2020   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service