Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I bought a fishing vest made mostly of open netting for coolness sometime last year. I toughed it out all last summer. That thing was hot and heavy. It had lots of pockets to play hide and seek in too! Then I came across this somehow. A MAN NECKLACE!!!

I love this thing. It is made for fly fishing I guess,which is not my main flame. I'm an old timer with good old hook, line and sinker. EVERYTHING I need now hangs on my chest. It has six snaps around the bottom half with a clip in the bottom center for clipping to your shirt to restrict flopping around. There is a tippet bar across the middle for spools of line and the part that goes around the neck is made of neoprene and is all day comfortable.

My most used tool is on the top right clip, forceps for hook removal. These forcepts have built in scissors so they double as line nippers.

Next is my top left magnetic fly holder box. I use it to hold my spare hooks. They stand up with the magnet for easy grabbing. The box opens easily with one hand.

Next is one of my handiest tools, a magnetic hook threader. Once again, it is made for flies, but I use plain hooks just fine. Just lay the eye of the hook near the center "V" and it grabs it and practically lines it up with the line channel. Then just slide your line down the channel and it slips right through that little hole, just like that.The older I get, the more I like that.

Now the best thing since the magnetic hook threader. Easy knot tyer. I watched a You Tube video on how to use it, and I love this thing. Fool proof is the word.

Final tool, a push button shot dispenser. One handed and the sinker drops right into your hand.

That leaves that center clip that is supposed to hold the necklace from floppin' around. Forget that! I use it to hold my fishing permits and licenses.

All these pictures are the tools still in the packages. I've been using mine awhile. These I just bought for my grandson's birthday. Here he is, all decked out in his new MAN NECKLACE!!!

Views: 251

Replies to This Discussion

You convinced me, my BPS order for the lanyard, magnetic hook threader and easy knot tyer just went in.
Well OK Jim. I think you will really like it. I had tried making one myself and it turned out ok not knowing what I needed in one. This one is better thought out than mine and the beaded part has a stiff cable through it that makes a difference. You will really like the hook threader and knot tyer too. The written instructions leave something to be desired on the knot tyer. Here is a You Tube link that is very good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b5b_32Cexs

RSS

Latest Activity

dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Thanks Jeffrey."
2 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

These were caught on redworms

"Nice mixed catch……."
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

Vince with two nice ones

"Nice daily double…..Vince is growing up!"
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0194

"Nice perch anywhere Dick…"
3 hours ago
dick tabbert posted photos
10 hours ago
Troy Dorman posted photos
11 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

nice pan of gills

"Nice mixed bag…..enjoy the fry!"
yesterday
tracy willis posted a photo

nice pan of gills

eater size gills and shellcrackers. fairly easy to catch a mess since they nest raiding bass and…
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Very generous offer Dick!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I believe sinking Dick. "
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I made a couple up for you. Do you have sinking or floating ants John?"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Great tip for the Tiny Torpedo I've not tried on my go to Smallmouth Bass topwater Bait.…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Us old timers /old schoolers can relate.  Bass Week: Top 5 Old-School Lures that Still…"
Sunday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Great work Dick!"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Flying carpenter ant

#6 curved shank hook
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Osprey Taking Flight…..4/14/2024

See dozens of these raptors every time you fish on the Albemarle….
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Got out behind five days in a row of high wind warnings….washing machine effect on our creeks but grinded out a mess…mix of crappie & bass"
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"Go get ‘em Tracy……fill up your stringer……."
Saturday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service