Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Views: 306

Replies to This Discussion

There’s a fly called the “Jitterbee” that is basically the same thing.
Have you seen it?

...yeah you cant tie anything nowadays that hasnt already been tied or close too lol... my jig is on a collared jig body the fly is unweighted on a different hook style... but yeah really close

...o heck no David ... lol... i don't do fly research like most of you guys do... i was tying up some of my spring cricket jigs and accidentally left the rubber legs off tied at the abdomen... i thought to myself these look a lot like ice fishing mousies although mousies have just one tail.

...since i havnt been able to cast the fly rod effectively for years... (i really miss)... i started using my dry flys under the slip/float instead of hook and bait... causes increased excitement with the lepomis and channel cats when tipped with a waxie. nite and day to me . i started running out of my "Eagle Claw" bulk flys.. i started tying up my own and had great results with just the chenille and rubber legs... simple and cheap... the above fly looks like crap at the end of a fly line dragged with a fly rod... but as a tipping fly under a slip float it dances around the split shot nicely.

yep to get good action from this chenille body and leg combo tie from a fly rod has to have a weighted bead in front or tied on a jig when spin casted.

...tying quality up after tying a few... better leg position and consistency... in pink chenille.

Yep, I agree. Some weight in the front must be used when casting with a fly rod. Even if not on a jig hook I placed a split shot near the hook eye.

I thought I would post a video on tying the “Mousie” tipping fly… hey it’s one of my first videos of fly tying… give me a “LIKE”.

RSS

Latest Activity

Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Blue Crab Fishing on the Fourth….7/4/2022

"Yum, yum. Do you ever use a trap?"
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
20 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
20 hours ago
20 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
yesterday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
yesterday
yesterday
Thumbnail

Crappie …..Whole and Filet…..7/3/2022

"Caught yesterday….cooked today……..taste great!"
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Crappie …..Whole and Filet…..7/3/2022

I’ve been married almost 36 years, one of the things that makes my wife happy…..whole fish and…
yesterday
Sunday

Bluegill X Pumpkinseed Cross…….7/2/2022

Pumpkingill…….body of a bluegill with the mottling in the cheeks but it’s not turquoise on the…
Saturday

Fresh Local White Shrimp……7/2/2022

Butterflied, dusted with corn flour and flash fried in peanut oil……served on a bed of romaine with…
Saturday

Crappie Against the Marsh Backdrop…..7/2/2022

Chartreuse jigs tipped with a live minnow…
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Woke up to Tropical Storm Colin turning off the upper South Carolina coast…..by mid morning we had the first feeder band with 30 Crappie"
Saturday
Thumbnail

Beautiful Ten Inch Class Coppernose….6/30/2022

"Thanks Troy…….have a great weekend!"
Friday
Troy Dorman commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Friday
Friday

© 2022   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service