Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

How to freeze fish fillits:

Views: 1325

Replies to This Discussion

The best way I have found to freeze fresh fish and keep them like that is to wash the fillets place in heavey freezer bags and fill the bags with bottled (not Tap) water due to the Floride and clorine which gives the fillets an off flavor when thawed.When sealing the bags make sure you squeeze out any air spaces in the bags this will eliminate freezer burn. Salt water fish should also be done the same way. These will last a couple of years and still be good eats when thawed..Enjoy your catch..

i have to agree with you vic, ive tried all the different ways and always come back to this. 

Been doing it that way for 50 years. I have pulled packs of fish from the freezer that have been in there for 5 + years.

RSS

Latest Activity

Mikey-D posted photos
7 hours ago
Bruce Tomaselli commented on John Sheehan's group Multi Panfish
"Wow, it ought to be a record somewhere."
9 hours ago
Mikey-D commented on John Sheehan's group Multi Panfish
"Hey guys have you all seen this one of my cousins neighbor caught this monster gill I think its a…"
10 hours ago
Profile Iconjim cosgrove and Eric Pierce joined John Sheehan's group
Thumbnail

Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique

The thought that made me think of starting this interactive group was losing fish and why it…See More
11 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique
"GOOD NEWS ERIC!"
yesterday
Eric Pierce commented on John Sheehan's group Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique
"I am John. Almost there. Had some scar tissue from colon surgery get tangled and wrapped up with…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique
"Heal well Eric ! Glad you're aboard!"
yesterday
Eric Pierce commented on John Sheehan's group Not losing Fish with right Gear and Technique
"Thank you for the add John. Haven't been fishing in a while. I had surgery on my gut and still…"
yesterday
"Welcome Eric Pierce! Look forward to your helpful input and experiences!"
yesterday
"This year I lost a jumping Bass that both brother Greg and I estimated at 6# , I had previously…"
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Cody Broke The Ice With a Nice Channel…..8/7/2022

"Thanks John….I’m going to try to find some and give it a whirl…..catfish are…"
Monday
Monday
John Sheehan commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

"I use crawler pieces on the floating Jig'-heads for Perch and Bullheads. Work…"
Monday
Bruce Tomaselli commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Sunday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
Sunday
Thumbnail

Joe Tagged a Nice Channel Cat…8/7/2022

"Thanks John…..they were excited with the big pulls today……water temp was 89.7…"
Sunday
Sunday
Thumbnail

"Afternoon John…..I haven’t tried that method…..my favorite method is Catawba…"
Sunday
Thumbnail

"Hey Jeffrey ?  Ever try those floating Jig heads with a split shot 8-12 inches above the…"
Sunday
Sunday

© 2022   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service