Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

assuming you have a boat.... Of course everyone knows that fish can be caught without one.

Anyway, this is my Yamaha G3 V143, 14ft aluminum. And BTW, this "IS" my high performance bass (and bluegill, and every other species) boat :-) And crazy as it sounds, this is my "dreamboat" chosen out of probably a hundred small aluminum boat designs I checked out on the Internet.
Sure, I'd like to have a 150 ft yaught I could live on / go to Hawaii or Alaska on.... but for all of my freshwater fishing, this is it for me.

In fact, it's kind of a funny story;
I actually became sponsored by Yamaha G3 three years ago. Now, they didn't exactly "give" me my boat, motor, and trailer, for totally free..... but they did give me a REALLY good deal. Sorry, I can't disclose the price. But anyway, first they wanted a resume`, photos, checked out my website, my writings, yada, yada. So finally, after all that, they said, "Yes, we will sponsor you. So, what boat do you want" ? And so I told them... (the one I'm posting here) To which they replied, "That's it ??? .....but you realize we will give you that same large % off any boat we make, right" ? Well sure, I assumed.... but I'm just not into big, heavy gas guzzlers. I want something that will let me > fish as much as possible, and work, as little as possible to pay for that fishing ;-)
So they were like..... Uhhh.... Okay. That is a nice > little < boat ;-) LOL

Anyway, with no further ado....

You can see the wide open (no benches) layout, better in this shot....

So, that's my baby... Lets see yours....

Peace,
Fish

Views: 1395

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats a nice lil set up you got there Chris. i am more of a minimalist. I head out in a Pelican 15.5 Colorado canoe. First canoe I have ever bought. Got it about 2 1/2 years ago - didnt want to spend too much as I wasnt sure how much it would get used. paid less than 300 buck new!
I have added an anchor system to the bow, and a 36# thrust Minnkota trolling motor on the back. this is a great set up because I also like to stalk Norther Pike, and a nice quiet canoe lets me get into casting range with my fly rod.
another bonus is that I can put in anywhere, no need to find a launch. This lets me get at water that most boat and trailor fishermen either have to pass up or fish from shore.
I am looking at buying a little bit bigger rig though. i would love a 16 foot Lund Mr. Pike, or an 18ft Lund alaskan, but for now, the canoe is working out great!
Hey Dana, right on. I've actually been considering (in addition to my current boat) something really small and light, that doesn't need a boat ramp... electric motor only, for quite a while too.

Oh hey.... Canoes are great, but get yourself an inflatable PFD. They are so light and comfortable, you won't even know you have it on. I wear mine from the time I get on the water, to the time I get off.

Peace,
Fish

not sure why i am not wearing one there, i think it was about 6 feet of water, and I am 6'5'....this is the type I wear onthe water, stearns comfort series. not real bulky, and mesh so its not hot. I have looked at the inflatable ones as well, but in a canoe, getting wet is a real likely hood anytime im out (especially with the little guy) and I would spend a fortune rearming that thing!
thanks for the heads up though!
lets see what these other yahoos are fishin out of!
nice canoe I have a 14 ft john boat but I really want a canoe
ZEBRA MUSSEL update: In some lakes in Colorado (Notably Lake Pueblo) you CAN'T just put your boat in anywhere. All trailered boats MUST be inspected at one of the two launch ramps. They have a hot water and 409 system to wash boats that come out of the lake. They have found ZM larva in that lake and several others.
Just a heads up.
My boat? A 12 foot Gamefisher with a 9 hp Eska that works most of the time. Pics later.
Nice rig I just picked this one up And just sold a 17' striper
Attachments:
Hi,

I fish out of one of these - http://busterboats.com/boats/buster.html
(The original model)

Or a Fishmaster Float Tube - old, round, canvas wrapper around an inner tube.
Purchased both while in the U.S. Air Force stationed in Oklahoma. Both were local brands - Fishmaster was a pioneer in float tubes but sadly is now out of business.

Both are in very good shape even though they are both approaching 20 years of age. I am putting the float tube on "semi-retired" status and getting a new one (hopefully) for Father's Day.
These are great! I used to have a BassHunter that I got for free. put a 3.5 horse on the back, and trolling motor on the front. it fit right in the bed of my pickup. these are about as stable a boat as you can ask for. a folding camp chair fir perfectly on mine...i could sit out on the lake all day.
As crazy as it may sound....I do NOT own a boat, but ironically most of my fishing is done from my fishing partners 17ft G3 with a Yamaha 50 4 stroke tiller...same floor layout.
now thats info i never would have thought. Guess it goes to show. Never judge a book by its cover.
Hey Fish, I fish out of my YAK!!! I got it tricked out a bit to suit my own needs and I feel like it does an awesome job of sneakin up on the big ones!!!!! Here's a photo of it:
Attachments:
Icewarriorgill, that looks like a nice deep yak with plenty of leg room and back support. I have a bad back and cannot just stretch my legs straight out. Looks like this might work for me - any trouble with lower back or neck strain?

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
4 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
4 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
4 hours ago
4 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
22 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service