Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Check this bullet bobber out. I may be able to take some balsa wood and carve something out as a test. Very inventive. Perfect for the shallow during spawning periods.

Views: 2905

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did manage to try out the bobbers this week. I didn't do anything fancy but just done the basic back and forth from left to right and right to left. It did work quit well for that. I might add I did catch a couple fish the bobber go's under for the bite just like any other bobber or he my pull it like any other bobber. The wind was about 0 mph. Hopefully I can try it out again and keep you updated with the progress. It does take a knack it get it to reverse itself. I will have to work on that either you do it to hard and pull the float a foot from where it was or you don't do it hard enough and it won't reverse itself, but if you have the right touch it works great I think there is a small learning curve.  

Great to see that you got it rolling Dick. Tried mine but it was a great dismal due to high wind..very very high wind..the weathers around here are getting crazy once again. Couldn't hit the water, but we hit the skii slopes with our snowboards instead.

I never...Big Bass in March in OHIO!

I was fishing for Pike in a spillway but whatever!  C&R

Nice Bass Paul. In march when I use to bass fish we used a pig & jig, so some reason they liked it  big and slow. The water has warmed up so much now just about anything goes what a strange year. Hey Paul have continued GOOD FISHIN..

I like windy days if it isn't in my face for holding baits away from shore.

Unfortunately for us, prime hunting ground is either the wind blows at us, or randomly blowing wind from below or above us. The only chance we can get a good wind blowing in our favor is during trolling, or being on the water, getting our butt beaten up by the wind. As anglers, we will not give up, just like women that have huge credit cards limits and summer sales coming.

Do any of these come is shot of some kind inside the plastic to make it rattle?

I've been thinking about getting some planer boards to troll with from my kayak, but they're a little big for a boat that small.  These bobbers might just be the answer.

Get some fly making rattles. I got 25 of them for just a few bucks. Use clear epoxy for sticking them onto the center of the body, both upper and lower sides, and you're golden. Set up one of my 2.5" for the crappie hunting next round out. I discovered that using epoxy is a lot better than using super glue..moisture + different temps + super/gorilla glue = falls off.

I actually made some "rattle bobbers" using BB's and epoxy to seal the hole, with some cheap red-white plastic bobbers from Wally World.  I might be able to do it with these.

Something I've been wanting to try is a rig I read about in In-Fisherman.  Basically, take the blade off a bass buzzbait.  Make a heavy-duty crawler-harness rig using the buzzbait blade, put a rattle bobber on the line just ahead of the buzzbait blade.  Have a planer board on the line to run it out away from the boat.  Supposedly is KILLER on catfish in early spring (NOW) when they're in the shallows gorging on winter-killed bait and live bait.

I have the spinner rig done up with a buzzbait blade.  I just don't have any planer boards.  I can get them here, but they're pretty big, and I'm not sure if I have the space for them in my kayak.

A Popping Rattling Planing Glow in the Dark Cork.

I'd put on two rattle tubes on the far side for better stability.  They will help hold the keel down. I'd also put them just a little twoards the stern.

i'M USUALLY NOT THAT LUCKY. i KNOW THERE IS LOT IT CAN POSSIBLY DO , i JUST HAVE TO TAKE THE TIME TO LEARN THEM. i'M THINKING IT WILL WORK GOOD GOING ACROSS BEDDING FISH.

I just read something about rattle and the bobbers check out this whole blog it was by Paul.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
32 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
32 minutes ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
55 minutes ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
56 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
56 minutes ago
57 minutes ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
19 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
22 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service