Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

So folks, with all these awesome gillers out there and, this site, what do you think the chances are that we we will see a new state record or even a new world record sometime soon? Any thoughts?

Views: 4292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good call on the world record, Jim! I really believe that in order to break the world record, the fish would have to come from private waters. Ketona Lake, from what I have read, is not open to the public. I also would love to see it fall!

As far as the Minnesota's record goes, it can be done. Matt brings up a good point though. Yes, Mn has many, many, many, anglers, and lots of lakes to comodate those anglers. But, here is where I see a catch! Most of the focus here in Mn, especially Northern Mn, is on walleye. Not too many serious gillers up here. A 1+ pound gill in the eyes of a weekend walleye warrior, is nothing but, meat on the table to them. This is where I start to cringe...I believe the next Mn state record gill will be caught by a walleye fisherman. It happens alot or at least I here about big, brute, gills being caught by guys draggin' Lindy rigs for walleyes. I hope that a true giller wrangles our new state record.
Record NJ BGill is 3 lbs.,surprised to find that out. Pseed record is 1.4
I agreed with Bill Musky Modica about Lake Geneva and Delavan! Limited 25 per day is fine but problem is that if someone catch 10 bluegills over 10 inch then it would hurt the lake! Best would be protect between 8 and 10 inch and keep only one over 10 inch per day! Few years ago that I always want to fish Delavan but less and less because of heavy fishing pressure for big bluegills and hope this lake would come back if we release bluegills over 9 inch and keep some under 8 inch for meal! Other lake should be good is Puckaway Lake in Wisconsin near Big Green Lake. Lake is large but shallow! Max deep is only 5 feet and lot of northern pike! Few bluegills as big as 12 inch! I plan serious ice fishing at Lake Geneva and hope to break my personal best!
Neberska that I cant believe that is only 2 lbs 12 oz! 3 lbs 'gills swim somewhere near Valentine area!
Try break Illinois state record bluegill ..... forget it! 2 LBS IS VERY RARE IN ILLINOIS!
Try your luck to find lake that have monster bluegills before anyone find out! Thats what happened in Deep Creek Lake in Maryland! Little girl caught a state record bluegill on nightcrawler at her dock! Lucky girl!
To the Arizona question from Jim... I still wonder if the AZ BG was a pure BG. It was 3 lb. 15.68 oz. 15.75 in., Goldwater Lake, caught 5/2/04. Oddly, the record RES is 3 lb. 9.0 oz. 14.5 in., caught from same lake in 8/12/93. Nothing close has come out since. Anyone tell me what's odd about those two fish from the same lake caught 9 months apart?
Arizona question is good question! I like to know why! Maybe warm water almost all year around, deep, clear water and good number of bass = big bluegills like San Digeo lakes but Arizona get less fishing pressure than San Diego .... just my guess!
well being from north carolina where are state record is 4lb 5 ounces caught in henderson county i mean thats a total monster of a gill but i believe there is always a bigger fish out there so you never kno

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
15 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
18 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service