Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Views: 6303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

20170919----~~<")))))><(---*Post Summer Period*--97%/71°

Wow conditions have really changed here out on the lake from yesterday cloudy and windy

Still slamming the eater slot bluegills!

Going through some major neutral fish activity...

just broke the 9-inch Mark for the day

20170919-today was the day of the New Moon one of the highest percentage day for productivity and a great chance to tag that trophy fish as well as numbers of fish. At 97% solunar activity rating I’m on the water!

I’ve been doing well lately with the Long-Cast/.016oz Jig/Waxie working the deeper flats at 8-9’ foot range.

The weather the past couple weeks have been fantastic… above normal temps and calm winds… great for long-casting the tiny jigs. I love keeping the anchor up and positioning the boat with the trolling motor also. Today was a bit different cloudy skies and moderate steady winds with 1-0’ rollers on the flats.

Once out on the flat timing the major solunar period I started hitting the fish straight away. Many eater slot B.Gills crossing the gunwales. I also tagged an impressive number of B.Gill in the 80-90% slot with a Lunker b.gill at 92% master angler rating.

Near dusk I pulled up anchor to start heading back to the launch. I work a few waypoints usually on the way in and tonight was no different. I had a little time for a few casts on one of my favorite holes. Two casts in I set the hook into a brick wall. I knew instantly I was into a big cat. Several long spool burning runs later I was able to slip the net under an impressive trophy channel cat. The fish stretched the tape to 28” just shy of Master angler at 97% Master Angler Rating.

since early June the Long-Cast/.016oz Jig/Waxie has been the top producer and method.

20170920----~~<")))))><(---*Post Summer Period*--98%/72°
Earl scores a Master Angler pumpkinseed at 9.0 in!

20170920-Earl and I set up a trip for today I day after the New Moon… im still reeling from the day before with the lunker B.Gills and the trophy Channel Cat. I was having great luck on the weedy flats on a particular reservoir so we decided to switch up a little and hit one of our trophy lakes where we tagged the most trophy B.Gills earlier this season.

Once out on the lake we were welcomed with sunny skies and calm water conditions.

Earl and I were starting out using the Long-Cast/.016oz Jig/Waxie method. Bite seemed slow even for the neutral period between the minor and major solunar. Earl switched gears to night crawler chunks on a .032oz Jig and started slowly picking up on the bite and finally tagged a trophy Master Angler P.Seed at 9.0 inches during the Major Period.

I continued with the Long-Cast/.016oz Jig/Waxie method tagging two P.Seeds in the 90-100% MAR (Master Angler Rating)

Halfway thru the Major Period I had to drop Earl off at the dock and I continued to fish for a few during an early afternoon slooow bite.

At the end of the day the Long-Cast/.032oz Jig/Nite Crawler Chunk produced more and larger fish including a trophy P.Seed. I stuck with the Long-Cast/.016oz Jig/Waxie method but felt It has failed to produce and ended up with the least productive day ever fishing this method, especially considering the productivity the past couple months.

...20170920-Nice 9” class P.Seed tagged on the Long-Cast/.016oz Jig/Waxie

...20170920-Earl’s Master Angler P.Seed tagged Long-cast/.032oz Jig/Crawler Bit… Congrats!

...20170920-today was about Family, Fishing and Master Angler Certificates

20170921----~~<")))))><(---*Post Summer Period*--84%/74°

Score! 10 inch bluegill

RSS

Latest Activity

John Burns commented on Jack Sandlin's photo
Thumbnail

all fish

"Those are some nice bluegill."
45 minutes ago
John Burns commented on Bruce Condello's group The Shellcrackers
"A couple from just before sundown from my 1/10th acre sediment pond where I am trying to get some…"
47 minutes ago
dick tabbert commented on Jack Sandlin's photo
Thumbnail

crappie

"Nice mess of good eating there Jack."
3 hours ago
dick tabbert commented on Jack Sandlin's photo
Thumbnail

bream

"Nice one Jack."
3 hours ago
dick tabbert commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
5 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on Jack Sandlin's photo
Thumbnail

all fish

"Good box........"
6 hours ago
Thumbnail

bream

"Great Looking Gill Jack!"
6 hours ago
Thumbnail

crappie

"Nice looking string Jack......bluebird skies and high pressure made it tough out that…"
6 hours ago
Jack Sandlin posted photos
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"A few hours late afternoon on Bagley's.......yielded a solid stringer of tidal black crappie......fish were a little deeper and near bottom"
6 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

A Few Nice Gills Smashed The Minnow Tipped Jigs Today

Had a good time this morning.........
7 hours ago
7 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Bermuda high pressure and bluebird skies equated to a tough morning bite.....worked hard to catch 39 tidal crappie and several White Perch"
7 hours ago
carl hendrix commented on LedHed's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_3999

"WAY TO GO SONNY !!  BIG BRUTES YOUR CATCHING IN LP !!"
13 hours ago
carl hendrix commented on LedHed's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_4003

"THE FISH WHISPER;; HAVING A GREAT TIME CATCHING REAL HOGS !!"
13 hours ago
carl hendrix commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Only one caught

"A IMPRESSIVE BEAUTIFUL GILL DICKY !"
13 hours ago
carl hendrix commented on Jeffrey D. Abney's photo
Thumbnail

Christmas In October...........

"LOLOLOL;;  NOW THIS IS THE WAY TO GO SHOPPING FOR FISHING !!  JUST LOAD UP ON THE…"
13 hours ago
dick tabbert posted a photo

Only one caught

9+ inch wide bodied quality fish in 8' of water fishing towards the bottom. Jig and worm.
yesterday

© 2017   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service