Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Line Guides for Telescoping Fiberglass "cane poles" ?????

I am looking for several sets of line guides for use on 10 and 12 foot telescoping fiberglass cane poles.  The one set I have consists of 8 guides.  Each one looks like a figure 8 with the bottom loop larger than the top loop. 

The bottom loop slides over the tip of the pole, and down until it's diameter is equal to the width of the pole.  The line goes through the smaller top loop.

When the pole is compacted for travel the loops all slide up to the tip, so the sections of the pole are able to fit together.

I have not been able to find these, but was told by one dealer that they are available in Europe.  Another source said they come from China, but I have not been able to locate a source in either of these areas.

Views: 3488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a telescopic rod - poles don't have guides. But everyone across the world messes up the terminology so don't sweat it but I wanted you to know the correct terms in hopes it would make your ordering easier...

I have seen some of these, but they are very uncommon. I think to find guides will be harder than finding another new telescopic rod. Also, why do you need the guides? Do you fish a reel on the end of it?

This technique is called bolognese and was invented in Italy. The trouble with ordering overseas is that their fish are weaker and our fish would tear up their gear in most cases. I am heading to a dealer this weekend that might have one - I can look. If you are using this for gills, I would go without the reel.

We're using them for Crappies.  When extended these poles look and work like the old cane poles I used as a kid.  I have just purchased 2 new 10 foot and 3 new 12 foot telescopic fiberglass 'cane poles'.  I have three older telescopic poles that came with the type of plastic guides that I am looking for, but I haven't been able to locate any guides for these new poles.

We don't use reels, but prefer to have line guides to keep the line from blowing into bows on windy days.

Well when you find some, let us know. I use the telescoping poles, too, and have wondered about ways to make my own guides.

I THINK I may have found a source:

http://bnmpoles.com/p-56-replacement-line-guides-cadillacs-crappie-...

When I tried to order some I received a message that they were currently out of stock, but to check back in a few days

Gotta order me some of those...
David,  See my response to Jon.  Larry
How do they attach? And how do you retract the pole once they are on?

THEY SLIDE ON.  THE SMALLEST EYELET PROVIDED IS TOO SMALL TO FIT OVER THE POLE'S EYELET AT THE TIP END, BUT THAT WAS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME.

WHEN YOU RETRACT THE POLE, THEY SLIDE BACK UP THE POLE, AND THE LINE KEEPS THEM FROM FALLING OFF.

Hi Larry,

Your poles sound exactly like what I am looking for.  I love cane pole fishing, and I want a fiberglass pole 12-13' long that will work just like the cane pole.  Please tell me what you are using and where you got them.  Thanks,  Jon.

Jon, 

The poles came from Cabelas.  The eyelets came from B&M Poles.  They have two options, a pack of 7 eyelets, and a pack of 9.  I ordered the packs of 9 and am well satisfied.  There were some in the pack that fit the pole, and others that did not, but the net result was exactly what I wanted.

Larry 

Thanks, Larry.  I'll check them out.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
17 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
20 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service