Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

your kids, your grandkids, fishing post pictures. Tell me what they caught, Tell me what you bought them (LOL)

Views: 402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So as not to crowd this thread (and to save me some time) I will just provide a link to my album, which is pretty much all kids fishing anyway. :D

http://www.bigbluegill.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenNam...
cool that what it's all about now with my old butt lol
that a good thinking
The truth of the matter is...if we don't take the time to teach kids how to fish, the sport may well die within the next few generations. ( by Jim Gronaw)
ji

Like Jeremy Mayo says...'Take a kid fishin!'
Man how true that is. Camping, fishing, hunting. man what a childhood we had. We got to pass this on. I agree take a kid fishing
Childhood Hero is my grandfather. I went with him to run trotlines when I was about 6 year old until I was about 10. Big catfish all the time in the river just below the dam in Austin Texas. This was back in the mid 50ths. He took the time to talk to me as that I was a friend not just a kid. Helping him pull in a giant cat fish, being 6 year old a 3lb cat was to me a giant fish, are memories I’ll never forget. This is what I want to pass on to my grandkids.
Before my grandparents moved to Uncertain, Tx. (Caddo Lake), my grandfather would take me fishing in ponds and on the Sabine River. After he moved to Caddo, we fished and hunted. He taught me to do both and took the time to talk about growing up on Caddo Lake. He was certainly my hero and gave me my first boat and motor, my first rod and reel, and taught me maintain both and my outboard. He took me hunting and taught me how to find my way through the woods and track wildlife. Now with ten grandkids, my greatest joy has been teaching them to fish in my pond. The excitement in their faces on their first fish is the greatest feeling in the world. I hope they will remember me as fondly as I remember my Gran Gran.
By all means, take a kid fishing, for the greatest feeling in the world.
Bill
I know what your saying about the grandkids. Watching thier face light up when that bodder goes under it all I need. And to hear them say
"PAWPAW I GOT ONE" make my whole day. Good luck with the kids hope they catch them all.
Rick, you're right, we don't have to climb a mountain and talk to the Della Lamma to know the secret to life. We found it in the faces of our kids and grandkids. And the big and little gills are the instrument to that goal.
Photobucket

Take a kid fishing!

Mayo
Nice hat, JRM!!!
well bruce since you said that I got another about takin a kid fishin with that same hat on!

Photobucket

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
10 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
10 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
10 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
10 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
10 hours ago
10 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
Tuesday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
Tuesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service