Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

I'm planning on camping with a few buddies starting tuesday and was wondering if anyone one here had any suggestions on where to go? We will be meeting up in Stevens Point and driving to our location from there. We will mostly likely be limited to a canoe and waders. Primarily the target fish will be Gills of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wheres the destination? Cant give ya point if we dont have an idea where your headed or is that what your looking for a direction to somewhere. If so do you want to go South,North. Whats your first preference. How far is stevens point from the Chetek chain some great panfishing there. Plus the numbers of little unknown lakes in the north and near north areas of the state that hardly ever get fished. I'll see what I can come up with. I am sure there is someone here who may already have some ideas also.
Wi Gills I was doing some looking and from the Stevens Point area you have a good number of options and things aren't far from there most everything would be 2 and a half to 3 hrs from you and some are definitely closer. In the West there is the Chetek Chain known panfish area and a little north of that theres the Birchwood area another good area.

Aliitle east and north theres Lake Mohawksin/Alice and Nokomis, The Willow Flowage and a little further Northeast theres Noquebay.I do beleive all these waters are fair to decent and in some cases more than decent for gills and panfish.

Then South of you theres Big Green. I know your only in a canoe but most of these places have more than one access point so that shouldn't be a problem and most of them have some kind of place to get out of the wind the only thing you cant guard against is the pleasure boaters.
As for camping I would suggest taking a look at a gazzeter and just take a look as this will list pretty much all public campgrounds not sure about the private ones though. One other Factor you can also check numerous fishing report boards to give yourself an idea of where the action maybe hot. One suggesstion is Lake-Link.Jsut remember the further north it seems the less common reports are and tight lips prevail on their favorite lakes.
Hey thanks for your help Rob, those are many good options. I'll have to speak with the other guys and see what we come up with.
Here's the Lake-Link site:http://www.lake-link.com/
Depends on how far you want to go, I just got back from pelican lake and caught lots of huge gills

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
3 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
3 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
22 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service