Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

any of you dipping a line in the water for Father's Day weekend?? Hubby and I are planning on doing some fishing Saturday...hoping to have LOTS more pics!!

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i am we are headed down to darien,ga. for the weekend. to do some saltwater fishing for trout and red fish. every one else have a great father day weekend.
Yes my wife and I are going to a campground at Half Moon Pond and try for brown trout for the weekend. Will let you know how t\it turns out
YES! I am going fishing this Sunday..... hope to catch a trophy bluegill for my Father's Day! I have two great kids! Best luck to all bluegill anglers!
I am - hoping to take my dad and son along.
Dad hasn't fished in a long time and he seems to get skin cancer looking out the window.
So we'll go late in the day so we can stay in the shade.

He always talks about how neat it was when a bluegill attacked a popper - "that" sound.
I hope to give him plenty of chances

:)

Jay
Jay I hope that you get to take your dad....I really should try to get my dad to come with us....
heading up to the cabin, and yes fishing is on the menu.
im sure the kids will wet a line with daddy, pictures to come!! my dad will be there as well!
Was a great weekend fishing trip. Camped at a state park on Half Moon Pond . Must have caught 200 plus fish just a couple small mouths the rest were bluegills and a few sunnies
we had a great Saturday.....mostly let the kids get fishing practice...and my little ones got their first fish...plus numbers 2 and 3....LOL
they are naturals!!! pics soon
Back up to the lake again for Fathers Day this year. As soon as the truck was unloaded, lines were in the water to fish the last few minutes of daylight. The weekend had a few great moments. My son caught his first Bass and northern pike, both unassisted. Unfortunately daddy didn have the camera to get a pic of the pike.
I would get up every morning and hit the lake at about 5:30, and by 7:00 I would look over at our dock and see the boy casting his little spinners all by himself - he got up and went fishing with out any provocation, ( im getting teary eyed!)
I would swing by the dock and pick him up so we could finish the morning bite together before breakfast.
the highlight of the fishing was getting lucky enough to catch about 14 crappies, all 10-13 inches on the fly rod, all in about 45 minutes too!!
I know they are not gills, but man are they tasty!

Back up to the lake for Fathers Day again this year. As soon as the truck was unloaded, we headed down to the dock to fish the last bit of daylight. I would usually get out on the lake about 5:30, and by 7 am i would see my boy casting off the dock. The little bugger got up all by himself and decided to go fishing. I would swing by and pick him up in the boat so we could finish fishing the morning bite before breakfast.
Higlights of the weekend were my son catching his first largemouth and northern pike - unassisted!! And a real treat was pulling in about 12 awesome Crappie on the fly rod, all of them 11-13 inches!!!
They aren't gills, but they sure are tasty!!

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
14 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
17 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service