Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Has anyone tried ESB Bobbers

Views: 5275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

About the coarse wagglers, I'm focusing on backwaters this season. Thats not to say I wont go to the big lakes and rivers... but they wont be my focus. I expect that I may have to modify the wagglers somewhat, and I didnt give a lot of money for them. I see them more as the raw material for hybridizing, than as cure-all.

Id be happy to volunteer in your study. Do you have a compiled questionnaire for the control data you need? I think it would be efficient and helpful for the participants if it was presented to them this way. If I can help with that, just let me know.

Ive taken all the red/white cannonball bobbers out of my box; all that remain are 1 3/8" cigar slip floats, and a few springers. I was planning to "hybridize" them, but I could leave them be....

Let me know if I can help with the questionnaire.

When we break down your targeted backwaters (some of my favorite fishing by the way) - we may find you going entirely waggler-free.

If you are joining  the Revolution - I would only have you record this month's fishing and make some notes on fishing in the recent past. Remember - there are millions of people out there who would go to the wall and pull off the rack what you have. 

The mission of this exercise which I hope you will follow through with this.

Your setups with the cigar slip floats and springers is a favorite of many and it is my hope that we show some data, enjoy the exercise and come through this as a group. I had Thill Wagglers, spring bobbers and even small red & whites, but then I went to a fishing show and saw fishing gear that made no sense. 

The next thing I knew-  the next time I met, my teacher had me working a 40-foot pole with no reel. I caught 6 - 5lb. fish back-to-back as the light fell on our venue. I went from shaking, fumbling and ultra-awkward to astonished in a manner of two hours.

I hope this could be 1/10th as exciting for you and that what I learned and am passing on to our Revolution group you will also pass on to your friends, neighbors, neighborhood kids and groups near you. 

Yes- everyone can help and I need all floats, all water types and many states represented. Every single setup is important to me thank you for sharing.

Johnny

1/10th as exciting? Man I havent done any fishing in years - Im a "returnee." It used to be all I did - 4+ times per week. But times change. SO now Im gonna have a go again.

Im very determined sort of fellow. I have never been a "bass man," so I've decided that brim and catfish will be my focus. I will be happy to participate and will take notes, as you ask. In fact, Im dropping off my tax documents this AM and will visit one of the local waters on my way home.

TTYL

Let the Revolution Begin - 

Join The Revolution - Live Bait Fishing Study\

Please let me know what you think.

I have to start logging the results of people's rigs and diagraming. 

REMEMBER - change nothing on your favorite rig & presentation. Just fish it, and record - that is the first part of the mission to see everyone fishing, and how we all fish. Great details to start - you have the concept down on the reporting. It will be my job to catalog.

Give me some feedback on the Revolution - all thoughts.

RSS

Latest Activity

Jeffrey D. Abney commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

nice pan of gills

"Nice mixed bag…..enjoy the fry!"
14 hours ago
tracy willis posted a photo

nice pan of gills

eater size gills and shellcrackers. fairly easy to catch a mess since they nest raiding bass and…
15 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Very generous offer Dick!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I believe sinking Dick. "
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I made a couple up for you. Do you have sinking or floating ants John?"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Great tip for the Tiny Torpedo I've not tried on my go to Smallmouth Bass topwater Bait.…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Us old timers /old schoolers can relate.  Bass Week: Top 5 Old-School Lures that Still…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Great work Dick!"
yesterday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Flying carpenter ant

#6 curved shank hook
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Osprey Taking Flight…..4/14/2024

See dozens of these raptors every time you fish on the Albemarle….
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Got out behind five days in a row of high wind warnings….washing machine effect on our creeks but grinded out a mess…mix of crappie & bass"
yesterday
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"Go get ‘em Tracy……fill up your stringer……."
Saturday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"Thank you Jeffrey. Working on tying some different flies."
Saturday
tracy willis commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"thanks Jeff.  theyve colored up this week.  need to get back further in another creek to…"
Saturday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"Very nice craftsmanship Dick!"
Saturday
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"White crappie on the board!, good work Tracy….."
Saturday
tracy willis posted photos