Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

What is the craziest Bluegill bait you have ever used or heard of?........Need all post on this one guys because I believe I may have heard them all. Real or Fictional ..we will all enjoy your post, it's Winter Glum Months so hit me with your best shot........

Views: 1174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was boating around the lake been years ago and found a bed of gills guarding there nest. I always have poles with me but didn't go out with intentions of fishing. Pulled the boat into deeper water so I wouldn't run them off there nest. Then I commenced to go through the boat to find bait with none to be found. I found a small white rag tore of a very small piece off and put it on a hook with a small split shot so I could cast and get some distance.  First cast I got a hit and reeled in a nice gill. I casted probably a dozen more times a caught 2 more. All fish were returned I had my enjoyment and learn a lesson in the process. This goes to show don't get discouraged back off think it out there may be a way to make it happen it all depends on how hard you want it to. I incidentally always have some kind of bait in the boat at all times now. GOOD FISHIN... 

Dick , You are a FLYFISHERMAN!!!!!

No why would you think that. I have got it on my todo though.

Dick, You tied your own FLY!!!!!!! You need to put that on Specific Instructions!!!!

The RAGGE FLY!!!!

The main reason that worked was because the gill were guarding there nest. But I am serious about learning the fly rod this year. I think the safest place for me to practice would be in my back yard that way the boat and all the trees within 1/4 mile would be safe.

Serious Dick, you will never learn to master it until you impale yourself with a few of the hooks ;) LOL I've learned it the hard way, after three dry flies decided to give me a right earring, left butt cheek acupunture, and a right shoe tug of war. And of course, various other snag-the-tree/brush. Quite fun to learn on the fly (excuse the punt).

Leo I'm seriously  starting to think that your rod story is only one story in your life of many mishaps. I'm thinking maybe we should change your name from Leo which is a perfectly good name to Jonah and who ever does happen to be lucky enough or maybe I should say unlucky enough to be able to fish with you should put much distance between himself and you. I think I would be a little leery of being to close and maybe being the one on the receiving end. Just kidding Leo you could go with me anytime.

LOL my life is full of tragedies and take a novel to tell it..but, for fishing, this happens to be worst so far.

Now yer scarin' me, Dick. I hope to fish with Leo some day lol.

It's nice to play around but if I had the opportunity to fish with Leo I would be honored. He sounds like a well rounded guy.

Would truly be a honor to fish with you two, and anyone else here in fact. And Dick, I'm rounded..in the mid section that is ;) LOL ..well, not that round..but is getting there.

Years ago my dad taught me you could fish with a shred torn off an old, red flannel shirt. I saw him do it. He said it wasn't really such a big deal, as it was an old trick even back then. I have since seen it mentioned in dusty old fishing books, myself.

So you weren't out there in la-la land, nor even very exotic. You were, in fact, being inventive and sharing in the improvisation anglers have always used.

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
9 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
10 minutes ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
33 minutes ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
34 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
34 minutes ago
34 minutes ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
19 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
22 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service