Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Unfourtenetly not getting a whole lot of fishing in right now so Im doing my normal winter fishing stuff, gathering new information, new lures, new ideas, and new recipes for my favorite fish!

In my opinion bluegill are the best eating fish out there and I know almost all of you on here would agree.

My favorite ways to cook bluegill are beer battered and your basic cornmeal and flour combo.

Do any of you guys have any unique recipes or any that are just really really good? besides beer battered or the cornmeal and flour. Always wanting to try new recipes. Any info would be great!

Tight lines everyone!

Thanks

Views: 999

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beer battered bluegill filets with Tabasco sauce .Yum!!

I'm in the same boat ,not fishing much .Ice fished once so far this year  ,it warmed up again .

Ya ive had that! Prob one of my favorite ways to eat bluegill!

If im free I try to get out as much as possible but with not too much luck recently!

Most of the bluegills I catch don't much care for fancy recipes.  They are plenty happy with worms, grubs, maggots etc.

Wow sounds good too me!

the last batch I cooked I use a seasoning from Weber called zesty lemon , I placed the fillets on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick and put a nice coat of this seasoning on them and baked at 350 till they was done , WOW did they taste great

Thank you! Ill give it a shot. I just need to go catch them now!

i use the house autry seafood breader ,and sometimes i add lemon and pepper,janes krazysalt ,and sometimes a little old bay . i dont use cornmeal Itry to use cornflour . sometimes it is not easy to find . I pat dry the fillets and drop them on hot oil.almost always with taters and cold beer .

Gotta be real careful putting them taters and that cold beer in that hot oil (retired ffr - wink wink)

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
15 hours ago
John Sheehan posted photos
18 hours ago
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's status
"An Instrumental Guitar recording of mine to commemorate. …"
Sunday
John Sheehan posted a status
"Trout Season opens April 6th in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for stocking."
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
"My favorites through the Years: Manns Jelly Worm, Manns Auger tail, Charlie Brewers 4" on a…"
Sunday
John Sheehan replied to John Sheehan's discussion Plastic Worm varieties in the group Lure History
Sunday
Sunday
Troy Dorman commented on Troy Dorman's photo
Thumbnail

"Thank you, Jeffrey!"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service