Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Per agreement, Bruce initiated a challenge between BBG members for a healthy 2014 smack down of sort. The winner will take the glory, and gloat for the remaining period period until the next smack down. For those who are on Facebook, you noticed Bruce and my posting daily to show how serious we are with promoting good health for 2014. We hope that it will inspire and encourage those who we care about to thrive for self-improvement, and live a strong and healthy living.

The challenge:

One week of dietary restriction (01/20/2014, 00:00hr to 01/27/2014, 23:59hrs), in inducing full body functionality resets. By doing so, the body gets a chance to equalize itself in hormonal balance, purging toxins, and increase vitality. In a true reset, it requires 1 full month or more, based on your body dynamics. This is merely a staring point, in allowing everyone around us to join the smack down. My wife and a few friends did.

The restriction:

1. No wheat flour of any kind in any product you're eating.

2. No refined sugar of any kind, including artificial sweetener. The exception is limited honey, agave, and molasses.

3. Minimum of 3 servings of veggies a day. No exception. No make-up on the next day.

4. No coffee!! Tea (herbal or not) is allowable. Drink as much as you can. Premium black tea is the recommended. However, no sugar or milk of any kind is to be added to the tea.

5. No food/beverage (beside water) consumption of any kind after 9PM each day.

6. Any food consumption between 7PM to 8:59PM must be accommodated by 1 hour of light exercise.

7. It's purely self regulating. Any cheating or failure to uphold the 6 above requires you to extend one more week of the challenge.

8. To weigh yourself properly, make sure to drink at least 6oz of water before bed time. Recommended is 16oz. Before measurement, purge yourself of urine and excrement. Measure naked before your hygiene regiment.

9. Smack talking is allowable.

I'll have Bruce chime in on his status for the 7 days challenge.

This is mine:

Prior to the challenge (starting since 1/6 to 1/19):

* I lost 5.5lbs of my winter coat (fat) from the holidays' feasts.

* I lost an additional 1.6lbs during the 1 week challenge.

* Gained 0.17" of muscles around my legs, 0.12" around my arms, and 0.15" around my chest.

* Increased of hormonal boost, increasing benching weight from 120lbs to 180lbs with minimal fatigue, and increase of recovery, while still have the stamina to perform 2500 to 3000 reps on the weighed jump ropes.

* No sugar craving.

* Blown back from trying too hard (T12 and L1 vertebrae). Luckily wife knows how to pops the sliding discs back in. Not a pleasurable feeling.

My wife:

* Lost a total of of 2.4lbs

* Full systematic reset from craving sugar (we have tons of sweets around the house).

* Beat the crap out of me on her regiments as she gained impressive energy loads (at 5AM, she does muay Thai kickboxing, follow-up with weights, then jump ropes, and end the day with more kickboxing and weights).

Wife wants to extend the challenge for the remain duration of the entire month, like Bruce. However, there are people around us who are having a hard time keeping up. So, we'll ease them into it. Overall, Bruce takes the lead, and finished strongly. He wants the full month challenge.

Anyone cares to join us on the next smack down?

Views: 418

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As much as I admire you both for your intestinal fortitude and willpower, I think I'll set this one out. You boys have fun with that though!

Come now Tony. With such intensity of motivation to achieve new found level of will power, wouldn't you care to test your limits?

Leo, my friend:

I will walk through knee deep snow, and across blazing hot launch ramps....I will stand on half submerged, broken down homemade docks, or balance precariously on fallen trees.....I've made cast after cast while the skin on my shoulders peels off in the sun, and I've knelt over a single hole in the ice until my knee pads froze into the surface......I have fished all day on four hours sleep, four swallows of Pepsi, and four Ibuprofen....and gotten up the next day and did it all over again. Just for the chance at the nextest, bestest, fish. And I still do all those things.

But I just don't have it in me to do what you suggest. And I greatly admire both you and Bruce, as well as the multitude of other folks, who can reach down inside and muster the willpower to make such changes, for the betterment of mind and body. I commend you on your determination, and wish you all the best...........go get em' guys!!

EXTRA MOTIVATION "   Loser should be made to drink out of a minnow bucket.     LOFR

Ooo..even better!! Along with ground up chummed minnows?

I WOULD JOIN YOU GUYS , BBBBBBBBBBUT IT WOULD PROBABLY KILL ME SO I'LL WEIGHT FOR NEXT YEAR, GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH ......

Never too late to start easing in Tooty. Remember, I need you to live to the age of 115 so I can still get flies and refined rods from you during my retired years.

WELL LEO MY FRIEND , IT JUST AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN BUDDY !!!!!! I'LL BE LONG GONE AND FORGOTTEN LONG BEFORE YOU , BUT WILL KEEP A SPOT AT THE BIG POND ON THE SHORE OPEN FOR YA BUDDY........

a challenge!! I love challenges!!  it helps to keep the mind sharp!!  never let it be said I didn't do my part!!  so- at this time- I would like to volunteer  -- CHRIS  KOWALASKI TO TAKE MY PLACE ON THIS ONE!!  SHOW THEM YOUR NOT AFRAID CHRIS!!!    LOL!!!!!!!!

LOL!!

haha yikes!!!

So sorry guys for not picking up on this sooner! :(  No laptop for the last five days and I've been on BBG withdrawal!

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
6 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
6 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
6 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
6 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service