Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

During a similar balmy winter some years back I asked a fellow hard water f'man how he was coping. He said he lashed a tipup to an innertube and floated it out. Now I don't recall any success story, but can this be fined tuned. You know the wind is right, a remote controlled toy boat to pilot the tube,a slip sinker rig to regulate depth of bait? This may warrant discussion. All those with nothing to do are invited to respond.

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ha ha  This is pertinent to my horrible skunking today! The mergansers were gathered in open water around my (our) usual Cupsaw ice fishing spot .I fished  NW, SE and South areas from shore with not a nibble .I used a float rod and a another rod .I tipped both red worms and Mealworms on Squirrel tail and Bucktail jigs and fished as many depths I could reach and knew after a short while it was futile . Those Mergansers were on the fish I'll bet!

something like this should be sketched and finely noted with detailed info on rigging etc supplemented with video, diagrams and pictures on

http://bigbluegill.com/group/pattern-rigging-presentation-for-bluegill

lol

hey im having a hard time coping over here tossing the cat toy attached to my ultra light to charles (the cat)... its getting old

Haha . Reminds me of the time I hooked the neighbors cat on a Rapala, testing out a new reel /rod combo . Great way to get fly and jig tying materials.

I had no idea the cat was in the yard .

seen guys using those round cover the hole tip ups.round foam with a plastic shell.claim they are legal as long as your name and fishing license number are on em.like using a jug or yo yo bank line.unattended devices they call them.they float around and when you get a fish the flag pops up

We are a very sick bunch of fishpox infected men ,when we start to think of different ways to fish .i am just as sick as the rest of my fellow bigbluegill compadres

You right Ronald , a sick bunch indeed!

RSS

Latest Activity

dick tabbert posted photos
4 hours ago
Troy Dorman posted photos
6 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

nice pan of gills

"Nice mixed bag…..enjoy the fry!"
yesterday
tracy willis posted a photo

nice pan of gills

eater size gills and shellcrackers. fairly easy to catch a mess since they nest raiding bass and…
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Very generous offer Dick!"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I believe sinking Dick. "
yesterday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"I made a couple up for you. Do you have sinking or floating ants John?"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Great tip for the Tiny Torpedo I've not tried on my go to Smallmouth Bass topwater Bait.…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's group Lure History
"Us old timers /old schoolers can relate.  Bass Week: Top 5 Old-School Lures that Still…"
yesterday
Thumbnail

Flying carpenter ant

"Great work Dick!"
yesterday
dick tabbert posted a photo

Flying carpenter ant

#6 curved shank hook
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a photo

Osprey Taking Flight…..4/14/2024

See dozens of these raptors every time you fish on the Albemarle….
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted photos
yesterday
Jeffrey D. Abney posted a status
"Got out behind five days in a row of high wind warnings….washing machine effect on our creeks but grinded out a mess…mix of crappie & bass"
Sunday
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"Go get ‘em Tracy……fill up your stringer……."
Saturday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"Thank you Jeffrey. Working on tying some different flies."
Saturday
tracy willis commented on tracy willis's photo
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"thanks Jeff.  theyve colored up this week.  need to get back further in another creek to…"
Saturday
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

Black Beetle

"Very nice craftsmanship Dick!"
Saturday
Thumbnail

spawn is on

"White crappie on the board!, good work Tracy….."
Saturday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by