Bluegill - Big Bluegill

Do you love big bluegill?

Lets say I have 0 lures (that's not true of course) and have $100 o spend.

What MUST I go out and buy?  This is strictly for panfish.  

Views: 2442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too would like to know, guess I'll have to do some searching

When fishing the Trout Magnet under a float...drifting down a stream.....you need to have the most sensitive indicator you can so you don't miss fish. Just looking at the float and reading about them I think I will see many strikes that I would have missed using other floats I have been using. Trout can have the lure and you never know it with a small round float....so I am thinking the length and balance of the Gapen will really increase my hook up rate. Quite expensive but am going to try them.

Regards

Do you think this applies to all species of fish?

Thats a real good question. It was easy for me to see it fishing in gin clear water and having a white Trout Magnet on so I could see if a trout was after it floating down current......can't follow a dark colored Trout Magnet in gin clear water. I saw many trout come and inhale the Trout Magnet and the float never move. Then other times trout would inhale and I would see float go under...halfway under or something. The Gapen float....I think.....is going to give me an indication from those bites I would never see. At least that is my theory...and I also think this will work good for crappie also.....and of course I will try it with the Gills too.

Regards

Ill give the trout magnets a try. Ive tried all kinds of soft plastics with not a lot of success. I really dont get the big hoohaw over them, myself. Maybe the Trout Magnets will make a difference.

Like most on here I have been a Gill enthusiast for years...many years. Up until around 5 years ago I headed out with multiple tubes of crickets to catch fish. I tried the Trout Magnet on a whim. It has changed my fishing...in every way....not just Gills but everything else. The key is 2# test line. I was asked to become a member of their pro staff....and excepted. Trout Magnet Pro Staffers do not get paid...we don't even get our lures for free. We do get a good discount. What we have in common is we all strongly believe in the product.  It catches fish. But there are many great panfish lures on the market that catch fish. I constantly will try them out. If I find one that catches more fish than the Trout Magnet I will certainly switch to it......but that has not happened in the 5 years I have been fishing it. Whatever you use to catch fish I hope you catch a bunch. If you do try Trout Magnets you will find that Gills really prefer the dark colors. Black is good but my favorite color is called Bison...a combination of black and gold.

Regards

Thanks, Randy. I will do my best to find them. The local Walmart has a few packages, at times, and Ill see if they have any left. I may have to get them on line.

(Blakemore)  road  runners   (1/16 oz or smaller)  use  with  1"  to 1 1/2"  tube  grubs  and  the  marabou road runners also work real good.   

Small  jig heads  (1/16 oz or smaller)  used  with  D.O.A.  2"  shrimp  (a good grass shrimp imatation) ----- this is usually in the saltwater section  at  Cabellas or BPS or Academy.  

And  also get  good quality  floats / bobbers  (slider and fixed) ----- I  use  Thill  but  doesn"t have to be  Thill  there are other good ones.   

RSS

Latest Activity

John Sheehan commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Thanks Jeff!"
9 hours ago
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Yes, the front one at least! What do you suppose happened there ,Jeff?"
9 hours ago
Jeffrey D. Abney commented on John Sheehan's photo
Thumbnail

Rattle Trap Bass

"Another good bass…..his dorsal fin is almost gone completely….."
9 hours ago
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"Big chain, very nice!"
9 hours ago
Thumbnail

Spoon Bass

"Nice bass John!"
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
John Sheehan added a discussion to the group Lure History
Thumbnail

Discontinued Lures

Some of my favorites I can't find anymore: Acme Fash King Flutter Spoon, Eppinger Flutter Chuck,…See More
yesterday
John Sheehan posted photos
yesterday
Thumbnail

25"+Spoon Pick

"25+inch Pickerel was best of the 13 Fish caught today a day after the Worm Moon. Two Bass and the…"
yesterday
John Sheehan commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"1/16th oz., good!"
Tuesday
dick tabbert commented on dick tabbert's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"These are my last build. I added more colors."
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"No Jon I went with the 1/16 oz jig heads so I could have a larger hook for crappies. It's a #4…"
Tuesday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Colors are great !"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"Thats a good Crappie size! Are they 32nd Oz Jigs?"
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"They are right at 2" long."
Monday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I Can see Crappie and Bass chomping on them, Dick!"
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"I made these up for crappie in mind. They might be a little big for gills unless it a bigger gill."
Sunday
Thumbnail

IMG_0186

"What Species you got in mind for these great Minnow ties , Dick?"
Sunday
dick tabbert posted photos
Sunday
John Sheehan commented on Sam k.'s group Trout Bums
""Trout Season opens April 6th 2024 in New Jersey. Waters are runnin' high for…"
Sunday

© 2024   Created by Bluegill.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service